|Add data and/or static text to a record name (e.g., record ID) displayed with the record in REDCap, such as on data collection instruments, in reports, and in the drop-down lists when choosing a record and at the top of the page after being selected.|
|Find in your project Project Setup tab > Enable optional modules and customizations > Additional customizations (button) > Set a Custom Record Label|
|User will need Project Design and Setup user rights.|
|Advanced syntax for variable names.|
|For longitudinal projects, advanced syntax for unique event names.|
Set Up Notes
Define the label
- Navigate to Project Setup tab > Enable optional modules and customizations.
- Click on Additional customizations (button).
- In the pop up modal, check the box beside Set a Custom Record Label.
- In the Custom Record Label text input, enter variable name(s), and if needed event name(s).
- Click the Save button.
Test the label
- Navigate to Add/Edit records page via Left hand nav menu > Date Collection section > Add / Edit Records link.
- Click on the choose an existing record drop-down to confirm the data or text had been added to the label.
Set Up Guidance
|Video training: Tips and Tricks - Custom Labels and Secondary Unique ID|