REDCap is available for OHSU data collection activities described below.
OHSU Research Use
REDCap at OHSU is primarily used for research. It is available for OHSU investigator initiated research studies that are not FDA regulated.
- OHSU's REDCap is not configured or managed for 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- There are special guidelines for using REDCap for GPDR-regulated research, which involves collaborations with sites in the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), and the United Kingdom (UK).
- REDCap is not meant for storing big data.
- REDCap is not available for collecting data for stem cell research.
Although REDCap's primary and intended use is for research data collection, REDCap can be used for the following kinds of OHSU non-research data collection projects:
- IRB exempted quality improvement projects
- Feedback on provider or student training for quality improvement
- Study team and department operations for supporting research
- Department operations for processing applications for funding opportunities and awards.
REDCap is not available for collecting source data for patient care/clinical care, including billing, tracking referrals, and follow-up surveys for patient visits. REDCap is not approved for digitizing forms that require legal oversight from the institution, such as the OHSU's agreement to release personal health information.